JPA Cohort Program
Jewish Parent Academy is a high-level Jewish education program designed to give RSJ parents background information, tools, and vocabulary to shape their own and their children’s Jewish identities. The animating question that guides our work is “How do we instill strong and proud Jewish identity in our children?”
To accomplish this, the participants learn with world-renowned thinkers and academics on topics of critical importance including Jewish thought and ideas, Zionism and Israel and others in interactive classes filled with discussions, debate and intellectual inquiry.
JPA classes meet approximately every two weeks. Topics include:
• To Be a Jew: Quest for Jewish Identity in a Modern World
• The Journey of the Jews of Russia: From the Pale to the Capital
• An Old Faith in the New World: The History of American Judaism
• Jewish Holiday Cycle - an Affair: relationship between the Jewish people and G-d • Jewish Text: Composition, Transmission, and Interpretation.
• Mastering the Art of Parenting Through a Jewish Lens
How does this program operate?
Jewish Parent Academy is a cohort-based program where select 20-25 participants learn together throughout the course. Classes meet approximately two times per month over the course of 4 months.
JPA 2022 semester will commence on 1/25/2022 and conclude on 5/25/2022.
There two opportunities to learn with JPA in 2022:
1. JPA National – a virtual cohort open to participants from across North America. The ten (10) classes will meet on Wednesday every other week in the hours of 8-10pm EST.
2. JPA New York – a hybrid program open to participants from the New York metro area. The program includes six in-person classes and four virtual classes. In-person classes meet every other Tuesday in the center of New York City 6:30-9:30pm EST. The virtual classes will take place over Zoom 8-10pm.
Russian-Jewish parents of children between 0-18 years old are welcome. While this program is designed with Russian Jewish parents in mind, we are happy to welcome spouses of Russian Jewish parents as well.
• Virtual cohort $180 • In-person cohort $360
JPA a highly subsidized program and the participant fee represents 10-20% of the total cost per participant. As a grassroots community program, JPA Board members finance the program through their personal contributions and fundraising from the local community members and Jewish organizations.
JPA is a one-of-a-kind, high quality Jewish education program available to the members of the community and we strongly believe in the value of the JPA experience. However, if after finishing the program you are not satisfied with the overall value you received, we will refund your program fee.
JPA 2022 application is open through December 26th, 2022 at www.jpacademy.org/programs
Please email us at email@example.com or call 347-885-5571.